The chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Adams Oshiomhole has said that the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar has conceded defeat to President Buhari ahead of the elections.
Oshiomhole said this while reacting to a statement credited to the PDP flag-bearer.
Atiku had earlier alleged that the ruling party had acquired some devices from China that will be used to jam card readers in areas seen as his stronghold.
President Buhari has stated that he does not have to rig before he wins a re-election because he went round the nation during his campaign which makes him believe he has the support of Nigerians.
Buhari made this known at the All Progressives Congress national caucus meeting in Abuja on Monday.
“I’m not afraid. I went round the 36 states and the FCT and I think I have enough support across the country to vote for me.”
He also warned against any form of disturbance during the election as he stated that security agencies are aware of like “hot spots”.
“II d not expect anybody to cause any disturbance. The security agencies have identified hot spots and flash points and should be prepared to move.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has debunked a statement by Doyin Okupe, crediting Senate President Bukola Saraki with his appointment in 2015, Naija Politico learned.
The Minister’s Office described Okupe’s statement as a bold-face lie. Okupe is the Special Adviser (Media) to the Director General of the PDP Presidential Campaign Council.
“The entire statement by Dr. Okupe is nothing but fiction writing, for which he deserves a hall of infamy award (in the fiction writing segment). Not one of the claims he made in his statement is true”, said Segun Adeyemi, special media adviser to the minister.
“For the record, Alhaji Lai Mohammed owes his appointment as Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to President Muhammadu Buhari and no one else. It is therefore laughable that anyone will seek to take credit for that appointment.
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has resolved to continue with its campaign in the light of the postponement of the elections.
This was announced by Adams Oshiomhole, the APC National Chairman, at the party’s national caucus meeting held in Abuja on Monday.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) announced the postponement of the elections by one week, respectively, hours before the presidential and National Assembly elections were scheduled to begin on Saturday, February 16, 2019.
At another conference with political stakeholders later that Saturday, Professor Mahmood Yakubu, the INEC Chairman, had stressed that campaigns remained suspended.
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Monday reacted as President Muhammadu Buhari threatened those plotting to snatch ballot boxes during the general elections.
President Buhari had made it clear that anyone who tries to disrupt the electoral process, will be doing so “at the expense of his own life”.
Reacting, PDP said the remark was a direct call for jungle justice which was aimed at directing the attention of the public.
In a statement signed by its spokesperson, Kola
President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday said whoever dares snatch ballot box during the election will risk death.
Speaking at an emergency caucus meeting, Mr. Buhari said anybody who gets directly or indirectly involved in the snatching of ballot boxes during the 2019 general election does so “at the expense of his own life”.
The meeting was summoned to restrategize, following the postponement of general elections by Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
President Muhammadu Buhari has criticized the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) over its incompetence in the conduct of the 2019 general elections.
Just hours to the commencement of the polls on February 16, the commission postponed the elections for an extra week due to logistical problems and claims of attempted sabotage.
The postponement was not well received by Nigerians, with some calling for the resignation of INEC chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu.
PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar has reacted to President Buhari’s threat to potential ballot box snatchers which he stated at a meeting in Abuja today.
Reacting to the statement, Atiku stated that Buhari is only showing his true colors by disregarding the country’s laws.
This is contained in a statement by his media aide, Phrank Shaibu.
The statement read:
“We were shocked to hear General Buhari live on national television threatening to kill people for an